Author Topic: Xeljanz  (Read 753 times)

Offline misseztree

Xeljanz
« on: October 30, 2016, 05:32:22 PM »
Anybody have experience with oral biologic Xeljanz? I've got a got multiple diagnoses of rheumatoid arthritis and asthma /ezcema. So as I'm coming out of remission from pregnanCy I'm going to need to find a drug that can hopefully hit both issues at once. I've heard some good things about Xeljanz and TSW. I figure if I'm going to have to be on a drug anyways may as well find one to help with skin a's well. THANK you in advance.

Offline Rajeek

Re: Xeljanz
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 11:59:23 PM »
So far I have found one small study of 6 patients that did very well on it.  Seems promising but would need to be used off label and is very expensive since it is a biologic.  Would potentially be hard to get covered under insurance since it is an "off label" use without lots of data yet.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last day of Steroids 7/31/13
Used Betamethasone 0.05% Cream about 2 years
Physician

Offline Rajeek

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 03:23:07 PM »
I did start this 2 days ago.  I was able to get my insurance to cover it after meticulous documentation of my struggles with other immunosuppressants.  I provided the main study on this for atopic dermatitis out of Yale, pictures of how bad my skin can look as well as Up To Date (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) medical support for this new therapy to get them to cover it.  I wanted to hold out until Dupilumab, but was not able to.  Will see how things go over the next few weeks/months and post here.  Cash price for this therapy if you don't have coverage is $4,000 a month, so this is not for the faint of heart unless you can get it covered or your trust fund covers this.
Physician

Offline Rajeek

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 03:25:39 PM »
I have attached the full Yale study here also for anyone it can help.
Physician