Author Topic: 25 months in...  (Read 192 times)

Offline Leeboy80

25 months in...
« on: March 20, 2017, 04:26:31 PM »
Hey Guys,

2 years in and feeling like I might be the worse I've ever been. In comparison to last winter, everything is just much more wide spread. It seems slightly less intense, but it's just over my entire body in one way or another. The best way I can describe it is that my skin is that shiney, plasticy, texture everywhere. Literally, it shines if you put it up against the sun, and when you scrunch it together that's when you can really see how like thick and different it is from normally skin. Anyway, the back of my knees are the worst they have ever been (pics below), and last year my lower legs weren't even affected but it has gradually migrated all the way down to my ankles and all the way up my thighs. What worry me is that fact that I have never had a break behind my knees. Everywhere else I struggle there have been times where I have said wow it's pretty much totally normal, but there has not been one day where the backs of my knees has looked normally in 2 years. I still trust the process...but if at 2 years I've shown 0 improvement behind my knees, I realistically think this might take 2-3 more years for full recovery. It's a tough pill to swallow. Hoping the body has an "Ah Ha" moment and just rids this once and for all! Has anyone's ever had areas that look like mine below?

Offline xuudxk

• Semi-Newbie
Re: 25 months in...
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 06:36:58 PM »
The back of my knees looked exactly like yours but they cleared up about 2 years in. The itch in that area was so intense. I'm 3 years into tsw now and it's now spread to my stomach area - I would say that I was in better condition a year ago than I am right now.
Off TS since Feb 2, 2014.

Offline Leeboy80

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 08:23:20 PM »
Hey xuudxk, thanks for dropping in. I'm glad to hear someone out there has had a similar experience, and that it's cleared up. The itch back there and the skin in general is worse than just absolutely unreal. My TSW has spread down to my stomach as well, and down beneath the waist. I think the spreading factor has been the hardest most demoralizing part, so I'm sorry to hear you are doing worse at year three...hang in there.

Offline Joey VanDyke

• Administrator
  • This too shall pass~
    • Red Skin Syndrome
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 12:28:26 PM »
Sorry, this is a long process and for some it takes even longer than what they first thought. I took 27 months to heal over 90 per cent or so of my body and then another couple of years for that residual area to heal.

There is a Facebook group of those who are using the immunos and new biologics that block just one or two pathways of the immune system allowing them to function while healing. There is also a gal named Beth White who is seeing Dr. Li of New York who believes this is a steroid-induced allergy and treats it as such with herbs. Some are saying it is helping a lot.

Here is the link to the FB group: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Best to you.. :rainbow2:
Started TSW 9-2010- fully healed at 62 months. :)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login