Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Most General Topics / Re: sooo mutch oozing infection advice
« Last post by AYID on August 21, 2017, 10:32:26 PM »
and btw, steroids are NOT the treatment for infection. Even it IS infected, antibiotics take care of that.
Most General Topics / Re: So little on twitter
« Last post by AYID on August 21, 2017, 10:30:53 PM »
Swanky, it is so nice to hear that a human being is expressing less than full adoration for the internet. Guess it proves that there are still some with morals! Most people wouldn't dare call the internet a cesspool... But ya know, it really is.
« Last post by AYID on August 21, 2017, 10:29:27 PM »
Most doctors cannot distinguish between serrous exudate, which is that oozing liquid, and pus, which indicates infection.

The clinical signs of infection are: localized swelling (like around a specific cut), thick pus (usually yellowish or greenish) and pain to the touch.

Serrous exudate, the ooze that comes with TSW is a thin liquid,  more like sweat or water. It can be clear or clearish yellow. It is NOT an infection. It can CAUSE an infection though, so it needs to be dried up. Bandages only go so far.

Dr. Rapaport recommends Dombero solution. It is a little package that you mix with water and make a compress from. It soaks up the ooze and dries up the area. You can then moisturize for mobility and you'll have normal-ish skin.
« Last post by SwankyButters on August 21, 2017, 09:44:24 PM »
Mah, I can't do reddit, feel dirty just thinking about that site.

I just know twitter is a big portal and I saw so few mentions of RSS. Hell, I even feel that way about twitter a bit these days. As I said, I was planning on leaving their as well. The internet in general has become a bit of a cesspool.
« Last post by Georgie.C on August 21, 2017, 05:57:10 PM »
So sorry you are in such a bad way. That doesn't sound good at all. Any oozing that I had was a tiny amount that could be contained by a tissues and bandages.

I understand how you feel and how you would really want some sort or advise on this from fellow TSW sufferers, but unfortunatly none of us are doctors (well most of us aren't anyway) so we can't really advise on such an important thing. It could potentially be dangerous for us to try to.

You need to speak to the dermatologist again and ask them to go through all the options that are available to you, there may be a steroid free option? But whatever you do don't leave it too long as if it is infected you need to get some kind of treatment started.

Wish you all the best and I hope you find an answer.
Most General Topics / sooo mutch oozing infection advice
« Last post by Lohan on August 21, 2017, 04:49:08 PM »
my hands have started to ooz so mutch last weeks it literly drops on the floor.. my derm say its bad infected and i must use antibiotic cream with steriods in them to get healthy.. i dont know what to do.. any advice for infections?:(
« Last post by Andrew B. on August 21, 2017, 05:29:04 AM »
There are almost 400 people on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login talking about it

and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login gets a lot of posts as well
Most General Topics / So little on twitter
« Last post by SwankyButters on August 21, 2017, 04:04:56 AM »
Hey all,

Not really sure why I felt the need to post this but I'm on my way to leaving twitter for a time, if not for good and I saw the documentary that Briana Banos is working on and it was great to see that taking shape. So I thought I would search twitter to see what info there is on Red Skin Syndrome and if anyone was talking about it. So very few are and there is not much real info about it on the twitter-verse. Shame but I guess many would rather not share this nightmare with their twits... :-)

That's really sad cause I'm sure the many suffering and many more who could end up suffering are in the dark about the possible dangers of this beast... I even notice that I hadn't said anything on the subject either and I guess it was for the same reason. I don't really feel like sharing what seems like a shameful part of my life. You start to feel like a bit of a leaper.

Anyway, I said a few things about my condition there and will try to spread the word a tad more before I bounce out of that soul sucking void called twitter. Just thought I would share.
Long Term Vets Still in TSW / Re: ANYBODY OVER 4 YEARS???
« Last post by SwankyButters on August 20, 2017, 04:32:02 PM »
Kind words Georgie

I honestly don't know at this point. I'm one of those people who lives on hope, stupidly optimistic and I always feel there's a way to turn things around. 5 years of suffering has a way of punching your optimism right in the face. Actually the suffering goes back longer than 5 years, as that was when I stopped using. Just dealing with negativity, pessimism, and lack of hope has been a big stressor. Hurts even more when you see most around you don't have true cause for all of that level of negativity.

I'll have to find myself again, one way or another. I'm no longer the person I once was, some of that is good, most of it is not. I have to find that person again, he's in there somewhere. I have a few things I would love to teach him and I'm sure there is much he needs to remind me of.

Again, thanks for the kindness Gerogie.

Maurice (Mo) (Swanky)
Long Term Vets Still in TSW / Re: ANYBODY OVER 4 YEARS???
« Last post by Georgie.C on August 19, 2017, 05:29:13 PM »
I'm hoping that stress just intensifies things rather than perlongs them. If you get my meaning.

At the beginning I thought that I would have a shorter journey through this as my usage time was so short but I was lying to myself as I coveniently forgot to admit just how much topical steroids I had been using in that time. A tube would last me 3 days, I am ashamed to admit now. I dont know what I was thinking. In fact I do. I thought TS was the cure but it turned out to be the enemy.

I agree it's hard to erradicate stress from your life. Especially in this day and age. When technology is growing and people's careers are falling my the wayside because of that. It's easier said than done, I know, but the easiest way to lessen your stress levels is to change the way you think. Change the way you think of yourself, how you judge yourself. As it seems to me that you are putting a lot of pressure on yourself and concerntrating on negatives. But you have gone through TSW for 5 years and are still going through it when many others have given up and run back to the steroid creams that clearly weren't helping. That shows a fighting spirit.

I think hobbies are another good way to alleviate stress, I used to write novels and stuff. Loved it but stopped as my three little daughters won't give me time for that (wouldn't change that for the world BTW you can't be stressed with life when you have three little angels flapping around you all day). I do want to try and self publish the book I wrote though, just for myself.

If you are looking for an hobby I think you should think about writing, as your posts are always very poetic. I think you'd be really good at it.

Anyway hang on in there. God knows how long we have on this journey but at last we can all struggle on through it together. Stress or no stress.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10