Author Topic: First Time Here? Share Your Story!  (Read 217119 times)

Offline lvgirle

Re: First Time Here? Share Your Story!
« Reply #1155 on: February 16, 2017, 06:21:31 PM »
Hi everyone!  I am a lifetime TS user.  I had allergies/asthma/atopic dermatitis my whole life.  I am from Michigan, recently moved to Colorado where the climate is EXTREMELY dry.   I stumbled on this forum because moving here to such a dry climate I noticed my skin getting worse and having to use my TS more and more with more flares.  I am 16 days into my journey with TSW.   Right now my face is peeling, skin shedding everywhere.  The first few days of TSW, my skin was red, burning, itchy.   I carry aquaphor with me and use it all the time.  This makes me somewhat presentable for work.  I work in the medical field so I am around people all day and am mortified by my skin shedding.

Growing up my "problem" areas were arm folds, and behind my knee where I just used OTC TS.  As an adult, I saw more issues with my neck and face that got worse.  I sought treatment from a Dermatologist at the University of Michigan.  Prescribed triamcinolone mixed with U of M's cream made at the pharmacy called Washable Water Base.  There is no TS in the cream itself and it is what I am currently using after baths to seal.  I travel back to U of M pharmacy just to get this cream whenever I am visiting. 

Although I have just started, I have almost given up a few times.  The burning and itchy skin was terrible for a few nights but I made it.  Since I have been on TS my whole life I have not known any different.  I'm hoping it does not spread to other areas.  I have noticed however, I use moisturizer/creams sparingly on my legs and have not noticed any atopic dermatitis or TSW symptoms since childhood.  I'm wondering if this is due to me not over saturating my skin with moisture like I do my face, neck, and sometimes arms. 

I'm glad I am not alone and have the forum to refer to so many of those in my same boat.  Wish me luck on my journey!

Offline BraveC

Re: First Time Here? Share Your Story!
« Reply #1156 on: February 18, 2017, 11:54:11 AM »
You are not alone. Many people have struggled with this journey. I am a care giver for a child that also used triamcinolone. I believe that this has caused most of his problems. I am not trying to be negative, but your eczema will probably spread to other places. My son is almost 16 months TSW. With you being such a long time user the worst symptoms may be delayed. I wish you the best and hope you have some breaks.
Parent of 4 Year old. Applied Triamcinolone .1% 2 to 3 times a week for 3 years. Also used Protopic and had prednisone a couple of times. Quit October 2015