Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
TSW Symptoms / Re: widespread itching everywhere 3 years on
« Last post by Georgie.C on July 23, 2017, 04:36:29 AM »
Congrats on the pregnancy!
« Last post by AYID on July 23, 2017, 12:33:24 AM »
I'm only at a year, but had a few months of basically being fine. Got pregnant and hit the one year mark at the same time, and BAM! flaring terribly. It is very demoralizing and I can't imagine how it feels three years in. I pray I won't ever have to know that feeling!
I got to the point where I'd consider gabapentin for the burn, which is my worst symptom, or even cyclosporin to help me pull through, but with pregnancy, neither are an option... It is really hard.

Summersunny, maybe discuss with Dr. Rapaport other meds? I know none of like to take meds, but it gets to the point where you're dreaming of prednisone or not waking up, they might be worth it...
Pregnant TSW Women / Re: Major flare from breastfeeding
« Last post by AYID on July 23, 2017, 12:23:32 AM »
:(
Encouragement from Veterans / Re: 3 years - skin still doing very well
« Last post by Georgie.C on July 22, 2017, 05:49:29 PM »
Congrats!

Good to hear about people finally beating this.
« Last post by Georgie.C on July 22, 2017, 05:48:05 PM »
Hello
unfortunately the 3 year flare is very common. A lot of us have been grumbling about it recently. It unfortunately seems more severe then anything we had while 2 years in. Mine started in April and is still going.

You are not alone. I'm hoping this is our bodies getting rid of the last dregs of TSW. So hang on in there and we will all get through this together. We got through the 1st year of TSW which I am sure we can all agree was horrendous so we will get through this too!

Encouragement from Veterans / Re: 3 years - skin still doing very well
« Last post by Leeboy80 on July 22, 2017, 01:24:53 PM »
Great to hear slysaint, keep fighting the good fight. Your post encourages me and I know it will some others as well. Thanks .
« Last post by Leeboy80 on July 22, 2017, 01:22:28 PM »
Summersunny, it pains me to hear your story, even as I sit here in what seems like the same boat only at 29 months. What you are going through is not abnormal tho, a lot of people are still enduring at 3 years and on. It really does get harder as the years go by, we constantly set date in our heads when we say "I know I'll be fine by then", then the time comes and it totally demoralizes us. The way this thing spreads is the worst part, what started localized in my knees and inner arms has literally spread to my entire body as well, constantly itching everywhere.

Don't give in though, you have to keep persisting, I always think of flares as progress, it's TSW vs me and the TSW is losing its steam and desperately trying to get me to give in because it knows it's running out of time in my body. Also, if you were to give in, it would mean 3 meaningless years of suffering, and weeks/months/years down the line as you would continue to be plagued by what ifs knowing you would probably be fully healed if you just kept fighting on.

Hang in there, I bet this flare you are going through doesn't last too long!
Encouragement from Veterans / 3 years - skin still doing very well
« Last post by slysaint on July 22, 2017, 09:58:28 AM »
Hi again,
3 years since I stopped corticosteroids and petrolium products.
I haven't needed to moisturise for over 2 years now except sometimes on my hands. I shower and have baths regularly. Also still have to be a bit careful in the sun.
The skin on my hands is taking the longest to recover; it's a bit dry and 'waxy'. Very minor DE (not even sure if it's that anymore as it doesn't itch) which could just be just the skin still being quite fragile (most exposure to TS), very occasionally (sorted out with some diluted acv).
But the rest of my body is fine (in fact possibly softer than ever).
Only thing I've noticed is that I do tend to get the odd pimple more than I used to (tops of arms, back) but that could be a hormonal thing (getting older!).
The best thing is being able to wear normal clothes again even if I have put on a bit of weight (which I'm OK with as I lost so much at the beginning).  Still keeping up with the fairly 'clean' diet but allow myself the odd treat.
My thanks again to ITSAN, and wishing you all the best.
TSW Symptoms / widespread itching everywhere 3 years on
« Last post by summersunny on July 22, 2017, 07:27:57 AM »
Please can anyone help me. I've been going through tsw for 3 years now. I've been up and down like most people. Periods when I've thought I'm through with it and then bam, it hits you like a freight train.

I'm struggling so much at present. It's been 3 years and my skin Is itching literally from head to toe. I'm covered in eczema and am wondering whether it will ever end. It's always worse at this time of year due to allergies with pollen but what is heartbreaking is that prior to using topical steroids, I never itched or had any widespread eczema. It's spread to areas it's never ever been and I just don't know whether I can carry on much longer with it all. Stress has been a factor to but it never reacted like this before steroids.
Long Term Vets Still in TSW / Re: 37 Months - 3rd anniversary flare
« Last post by Georgie.C on July 21, 2017, 04:15:24 PM »
The end of thus won't be bitter... just the long long road of getting to the sodding end  :laugh:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10