Author Topic: Anyone from Hong Kong here?  (Read 18604 times)

Offline candiss

Re: Anyone from Hong Kong here?
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2016, 04:36:45 AM »
Hello Bkchu,

Thank you for your kind reply.

I have now reached my 3 month TSW milestone. The skin is less red and less burning. But it is still itchy, oozing and shed a lot. Sometimes it is better sometimes it goes worse. Same as my mood.

When I look at the damaged and darken-color skin from time to time, I would wonder whether I could fully recover. I am doing TCM, supplement, MW and a bit of veggie diet. But it seems the improvement, if any, is slow. It is like walking forward three steps and then backward one step. Although I know I should trust the healing power of my body, I feel tired. I found myself envying the smooth and pretty skin of the passers-by when I walk on the street...

So, here is my update and feeling. How about everyone? Hope you are doing great right now, esp. the HK weather is so nice during summer. I really want to be able to enjoy the water sports one day.

Offline Ahteen

« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2016, 04:58:08 PM »
Hi bkchu
Sent u a pm after reading your post here, please check  :smiley:

Offline kwong

« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2016, 12:28:03 PM »
Hi guys,
I have returned to the UK from Hong Kong just yesterday after staying there for 2 weeks. Today, my skin is very dry and worsened in general maybe because of the dry weather in the UK compared to humid HK. The HK summer is very testing for our skin because it is incredibly sweaty and makes you itch like hell.

Offline animorphs

« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2017, 10:18:55 AM »
Hey,

Just wanted to make a post to see if anyone from HK is still active here. I've been trying to treat RSS (I never used steroids for an extended period of time, and my first flare was unrelated--but the symptoms are exactly the same) for four years now. I use antihistamines occasionally, but have made most progress with TCM.

However, some TCM prescriptions cause me to flare, and after persisting with the practitioner for a few more times, I would switch in hopes of getting the right prescription. I've been to 10+ TCM practitioners now, and am still searching for the right one. I haven't tried Dr. Mak (or Dr. Lam) as mentioned in this forum. But wanted to ask if anyone has any updates on their experiences with these doctors.

In any case, I'm on the look out for a TSW/RSS-experienced TCM doc and wanted to reach out to see if we can pool our experiences together!

Offline Bkchu

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2017, 11:25:25 PM »
I am also 4+ years in TSW and have seen over 10+ TCM doctors, but so far none can completely cure my symptoms. I still flare on my face, neck and arms. What's your experience with those TCM doctors?