Author Topic: Good News Finally  (Read 18119 times)

Offline jackwalia

• Semi-Newbie
Re: Good News Finally
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2016, 04:14:44 AM »
MY question is do it ever end COMPLETLY?? i m not an atopic individual just had contact dermatits on face n used topicla steroids for 8 nonths and on n off afyer that yup on face and middle potency steroids.

Offline totallypink

« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2016, 07:26:48 PM »
For now I would say I'm completely healed and have been since the summer of 2015. What happens in the future, I don't know! But I'm hoping for the best! Hoping that everyone can have some hope and that they will make it through!

If anyone ever has a question please don't hesitate to msg me.
Used TS on face for 2.5+ years sparingly, no history of eczema. Started TSW on September 2013.

Offline Itchy Dave

« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2016, 08:12:21 AM »
Hey @totallypink so encouraging to see that you're healed. I had a look through some of the photos you posted and my skin looks very similar with open weeping wounds. Were you ever worried about permanent scarring when you were going through the bad times? That is my concern at the moment.

Offline totallypink

« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2016, 10:19:31 PM »
Hello @itchy Dave! Thank you for looking through my post and being encouraged by it! honestly the pictures of open wounds don't even show the full horror that you would be able to see in person. The skin was wayyyy more red, open, moist and spongy than the pictures show. Yes I was actually going through a insanely crazy depression for about a year because how nasty my skin was and I would never look normal again...... But it does go away... Once your skin starts to function it will alll fade away!! My scaring is noticeable only to me now and I think in one more year  I won't even notice it. It's constantly fading...so don't worry about that! Just try to make your self as comfortable as you possibly can now.. And if you have to scratch!! Scratch!!!

I used to scratch my open flesh over and over and over again..it was literally like scratching raw meet and there is no evidence that I did this anymore! So seriously don't worry about that!!!

My doc told me to take probiotics and vitamin D daily... And get on a good paleo diet... That's what I did and I think it helped my skin now!! He treats patients with TSW.
Used TS on face for 2.5+ years sparingly, no history of eczema. Started TSW on September 2013.

Offline Nikki

« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2017, 11:19:27 AM »
Hey there... my case is like yours... no history of eczema and used TS on face ... I am currently 22 months tsw.. my skin tolerates summer quite well but in winters my cheeks inflames but they settle down in half an hour or so.. did u also feel the same at some point ...? I am hoping my next winters to be flare free and healed completely..

Offline gmail

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2017, 03:58:34 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
MY question is do it ever end COMPLETLY?? i m not an atopic individual just had contact dermatits on face n used topicla steroids for 8 nonths and on n off afyer that yup on face and middle potency steroids.
YES! It does! I went through TSW from January 2014 - January 2015, and I've been in great shape ever since. Maybe a few tiny patches of eczema here and there, but this is honestly the best skin I've ever had in my life.
Started TSW in Jan 2014
20+ years of mild triamcinolone and desonide use
3 years of intense full-body OTC cortisone cream use

Healed now, all normal activities resumed! Sticking around to offer support when I can.

Offline totallypink

« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2017, 11:36:21 PM »
Yes I agree with Gmail that life can go back to completely normal and heal completely .. and that is just speaking on behalf of my own life experience.

I did have problems with both winters and sun where skin wa reacting to different environmental factors; however, none of this bothers me anymore. I am perfectly normal regardless of the temperature. My skin loves the sun now!

Wishing you a fast recovery!!!

Offline totallypink

« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2017, 03:10:21 PM »
2 years after recovery- doing great/ life is normal/ scarring completely faded as well
hard to believe I looked like the last 2 pictures just two years ago!..

i really wish I took more pictures when I was at my worst, because those pictures don't do any justice to what I went through and what I really looked like.

Offline pfwindsor

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2017, 12:48:02 AM »
I couldn't bear to take photos, but so glad that you did.  Thank you for sharing!

Best,

Pam
20+ years of TS use; started TSW October 2013