Author Topic: Hawaii Weather  (Read 335 times)

Offline BraveC

Hawaii Weather
« on: June 21, 2017, 05:51:48 AM »
We recently went on a vacation to Hawaii in mid May. My son was super itchy when we first got there due to the heat. The first day we were there he was uncomfortable, but continued to improve the whole time we were there. We stayed for around 2 weeks and his skin was clearer than it had ever been by the time we left and he was not that itchy. It was almost like magic. He is now almost 20 months TSW and I am not sure if it was sun, swimming, or badger balm sun screen or a combination of the 3. All I know is that every time we go there he improves. It is almost like it accelerates the process. The only problem is when we returned to cooler northwest temperatures he started to flare again. Some areas have stayed clear from the trip, but he is itchy again and is slowly getting red in his troubled areas.

I am now looking into narrowband UV therapy because of the great improvement, but like I said I am not sure what specifically it is about Hawaii. It is the only place I have been where the improvement happens so quickly. I really hope maybe the therapy will help him to continue to improve.
Parent of 4 Year old. Applied Triamcinolone .1% 2 to 3 times a week for 3 years. Also used Protopic and had prednisone a couple of times. Quit October 2015

Offline pfwindsor

• Global Moderator
Re: Hawaii Weather
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 12:55:45 AM »
I have heard that before about big boosts in healing during trips to Hawaii. (Sun and saltwater, maybe?)  Glad that it helped your son!
20+ years of TS use; started TSW October 2013