Author Topic: Toronto Meet up!!  (Read 75958 times)

Offline Vee

• A Steroid Free Life
Re: Toronto Meet up!!
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2013, 11:28:02 AM »
Toronto meet up has been canceled!!
We will reschedule at a time when everyone can confirm :)
Vee
11/12 months off TS
23+Years Steroid Usage
asteroidfreelife.blogspot.ca

Naturalnikkinoo

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2013, 07:32:41 PM »
Ok I have only just picked this up and am at yorkdale mall! Guess that explains why no one is here! Lol. I did say I was coming so didn't think I had to confirm again.

Naturalnikkinoo

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2013, 07:41:00 PM »
Ok that explains why no one is here at the mall. I did say I was coming. Oh well, these things happen. 

Offline Gwen

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2013, 09:18:48 PM »
Nikki, I'm so sorry! We kept leaving messages asking for confirmation and didn't think anyone would head out without checking the site since we arranged it several weeks ago. Vee and I thought we'd be the only ones there, because we didn't hear from anyone. Vee and I have met before, so thought it was best to wait for you guys and do it again.

I started a post on Monday asking everyone to confirm - no one check "General Topics" or "Neighbours outside USA" (only Vee & me), so we couldn't imagine anyone would be there tonight. VERY SORRY.

I'm available to meet for coffee this weekend or anytime next week. If you work we could meet in the evenings. Whatever is best.

Offline Joey VanDyke

• Administrator
  • This too shall pass~
    • Red Skin Syndrome
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2013, 09:20:43 PM »
Oh no, sorry to hear the mix up with communications.  :huh: I think it would be best for those setting these up to exchange phone numbers with the organizer and check in the day before to make sure it is happening, especially since tsw is such a roller coaster. I think this is a first for this to happen but could see how it happened since not everyone is in the forum on a daily basis. A lesson learned for all of us and phone is good back-up. Maybe the host or hosts of these meet-ups could send out private messages the day before as well if any changes come up as that would go to the person's email but a phone text as well would be good measure. Sorry for your trouble Nikki... :rose:
Started TSW 9-2010- fully healed at 62 months. :)

Offline Vee

• A Steroid Free Life
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2013, 09:36:47 PM »
Nikki, I am so very sorry about this!
I feel quite terribly.  We didn't hear from any one, so we figured it didn't make sense having it.
I agree with Joey next time we should contact each other through text or phone, as people aren't in the forum daily.

It's also such a small group of us, so it is better if we can all be there.

My apologies again! What a bummer!!
Vee
11/12 months off TS
23+Years Steroid Usage
asteroidfreelife.blogspot.ca

Offline Gwen

Re: Let's Reschedule!!
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2013, 11:02:33 PM »

If anyone is need of in-person support this weekend and wants to meet I am free pretty much all weekend. I'll check this site daily and am happy to meet for coffee, or whatever is best. I had a terrible feeling this week we'd have some no- shows, because as the week progressed I didn't see any posts from Nikki or Jamnat. We should have established this at the beginning when first arranging the evening...make sure everyone checks in and confirms. Exchanging numbers would have been great and private messages. Again, so sorry!

I live in the west end on the subway line so am close to downtown.
Would love to meet up this weekend!

Naturalnikkinoo

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2013, 01:04:43 AM »
Guys it really is fine, honest!  :laugh:I am new to the city so I enjoy going to different parts of town. I'm not working and my husband is working a 24 hour shift so I was free. I wasn't upset or cross, these things happen!

I will be happy to give my number out as I don't check the diet everyday.

Gwen, I can't meet this weekend as my husband is off which is rare, but maybe next week? I live downtown.

You guys are all so sweet, really.

This has by no means put me off! Count me in for the next one! Btw, sorry you had such a terrible day, Vee.

Nikki x

Naturalnikkinoo

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2013, 01:06:35 AM »
*i don't check the site everyday! Sorry for my ipad typos!

Offline Joey VanDyke

• Administrator
  • This too shall pass~
    • Red Skin Syndrome
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2013, 01:18:29 AM »
Do check the "notify" option as well on any topic or sub board to get those emails, too!  :smiley:

Offline Gwen

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2013, 06:41:43 AM »
Glad to hear you aren't upset! Vee is away this weekend but I think is able to meet next week. Why don't you give us dates/times that are good for you. We had mentioned getting together in the day, maybe for coffee or lunch as well. If evenings are better that's fine too.

Really looking forward to meeting you...for sure this time!!

Naturalnikkinoo

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2013, 01:46:09 PM »
Really anytime is good for me. I'm free during the day a lot so that might suit me better.  Thanks for the tip Joey, I'll do that. Gwen and Vee, I will send you my number as that will make it a bit easier I think.   :-)

Offline Jamnat

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2013, 06:36:35 PM »
Hi All,

I too was at yorkdale mall waiting in front of Famosos then asked the host if anyone came by that may have been a small group. I didn't check the forum before leaving since I confirmed my attendance last week. Although its understandable why I ought to have since plans can change closer to the day. Sorry I missed you all and you NaturalNikkino.

It's okay I'm available to meet again. How do I get emails to notify me when someone has responded to a message I have been active in?

Alternatively I have met up with another forum member but that was easier to do since I was able to email the specific person with the way the old forum was set up and exchange contact information so we were texting to coordinate our meet up place and time.

NaturalNikkino I too live downtown and am by the University of Toronto area, we could always meet up as well. This weekend is a bit busy for me but we can make plans either during the week or following weekend. Let me know :)

I feel like I need to relearn how to use this new forum interface :S

I have been off all TS since Jan 13 2013 and am now on my healing recovery. I have used TS on and off all my 28 years of life

Offline Joey VanDyke

• Administrator
  • This too shall pass~
    • Red Skin Syndrome
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2013, 10:38:11 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi All,

I too was at yorkdale mall waiting in front of Famosos then asked the host if anyone came by that may have been a small group. I didn't check the forum before leaving since I confirmed my attendance last week. Although its understandable why I ought to have since plans can change closer to the day. Sorry I missed you all and you NaturalNikkino.

It's okay I'm available to meet again. How do I get emails to notify me when someone has responded to a message I have been active in?

Alternatively I have met up with another forum member but that was easier to do since I was able to email the specific person with the way the old forum was set up and exchange contact information so we were texting to coordinate our meet up place and time.

NaturalNikkino I too live downtown and am by the University of Toronto area, we could always meet up as well. This weekend is a bit busy for me but we can make plans either during the week or following weekend. Let me know :)

I feel like I need to relearn how to use this new forum interface :S

You probably did  not see it earlier when I posted how to click "notify" in upper right hand corner on a sub-board or topic and it will automatically send you emails of all activity on that board.  :wink: Also, if you look under a member's profile, you will see the little icons and their email is under the one that looks like a letter or email. I have posted if several times but it seems to get overlooked. There is also a forum navigation thread in the welcome board as well.

Offline Jamnat

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2013, 10:48:35 PM »
Thanks Joey. You're always such an amazing resource and help!
xo
I have been off all TS since Jan 13 2013 and am now on my healing recovery. I have used TS on and off all my 28 years of life