Author Topic: Almost 5 years later  (Read 210 times)

Offline EDENs mom

Almost 5 years later
« on: August 11, 2017, 12:43:53 AM »
It's been such a long time since I have posted that I have forgotten my login details ...
I wish to share a quick progress report on Eden with all of you, who are currently struggling with TSW.

The blog is here:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The news is good

We have not forgotten what it was like ... we empathize with all of you and want to share hope ... all will work out in the end.

This does not last forever.

Lots of love to all of you.
Don't lose hope
Eden's mom

"The body has amazing healing capacity ... remember to celebrate every little victory" (Quote by Sylvia Smook)

Offline NBWB

Re: Almost 5 years later
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 09:47:25 AM »
Wonderful news—thanks for the update!  And how's Caden doing now?

When I think of what your family has endured and the gracious way you have responded to your trials, I'm reminded of the principle expressed here by Orson F. Whitney:

“No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude and humility. All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God … and it is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we come here to acquire.”

Thank you for your example~
Used prescribed & OTC TS for probably a cumulative total of 3-4 decades for atopic eczema/contact dermatitis (mostly on hands/wrists).  Stopped TS on 16 Feb 2013.

Offline EDENs mom

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 03:46:48 PM »
Thank you for your concern wrt Caden.
We have recently left our country in South Africa and moved to America.

Caden is doing great!

He is as normal as he can possibly be under the circumstances: he suffered a traumatic brain injury due to the brick that struck him and at the same time suffered a stroke at the tender age of 8 but we have not had a single day of anger or bitterness towards that man.
It was such a tender mercy.

Caden is currently being home schooled as he has a lot of catching up to do and his language, reading, comprehension and processing was affected.
(sorry If I'm making spelling mistakes. English is not my first language haha).

We have been humbled by the strength we have received when we received so many trials, one after the other.

Lots of love.
"The body has amazing healing capacity ... remember to celebrate every little victory" (Quote by Sylvia Smook)

Offline NBWB

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 04:29:25 PM »
It's great to know that Caden is progressing well!  Best wishes to your whole family as you continue to press forward with faith.   :thumb up:
Used prescribed & OTC TS for probably a cumulative total of 3-4 decades for atopic eczema/contact dermatitis (mostly on hands/wrists).  Stopped TS on 16 Feb 2013.

Offline Georgie.C

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 05:31:17 PM »
Congrats.

So glad to hear that Eden and Caden are doing well.

Offline SwankyButters

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2017, 04:25:17 AM »
Thanks for posting and I'm so very happy for her... It surely gives hope to many here. Always great to hear when someone is out.

I wanted to comment on something you mentioned in your last blog post...

"What triggers an itch-craze is stress" This is something I knew when I first started to try and understand this, I knew stress played a part but didn't know exactly how. What I didn't know till recently is stress cranks up your natural cortisol levels and for your average person that's bad enough but for us, who have already messed up our skin with topical steroids, I assume it's triple jeopardy.

Before I got our dog a few years back, I was on the mend and wanted to get my wife a dog cause she always wanted one and I felt after putting up with me, she deserved it. Shortly after we got peaches, I got bad again and thought it was the dog I was allergic to but now thinking back on it, I was stressed already before we got her and the dog amped that up that stress.

Recently, I moved and it was so stressful, I mean really stressful, so of course I had an outbreak, one I'm still dealing with. It was the stress of the move, followed by the stress of the condition, stress of the strain on my relationships, money and the like. It's isolated on the places that are the final holdouts but the intensity of it is greater that I would have thought and these days, I keep thinking it's the stress.

For me, it's one thing to believe it's stress that's making it worse but then to read about how stress amps the cortisol in your body makes that belief a little closer to a reality. I thought you folks should know and maybe do a little research on your own. Seems to me like another link in the chain of cause and effect.

Now, if I could just find a way to remove stress from my life... I fear this is going to take a lot longer than it should cause I have no idea how to do that. Stressed just writing it...

Thanks again Eden's mom... :-)
Used TS for 8 years on and off, started using TS on my belt rash from a nickle allergy. 3 steroid shots, 1 unknown, 2 Kenalog (Triamcinolone) shots.

Topicals used: hydrocortisone 1% - Fluticasone Propionate .005% - Triamcinolone - Fluocinonide .05% (Used only once)

Stopped steroids June 8, 2012