Author Topic: Naltrexone Low Dose  (Read 1175 times)

Offline busyking

• Semi-Newbie
Naltrexone Low Dose
« on: April 07, 2016, 02:23:12 PM »
Has anyone heard of low dose naltrexone?  My husband is being treated by a Functional Medicine doctor.  She is thinking this might help dial down his immune system.  From what I've read about it, it doesn't seem like it would very risky to give it a shot.  Will keep people posted. 

Quick background on my husband: about 29 months TSW... did try Dupilumab for about a year... he was REALLY REALLY bad (full body shedding and oozing and lived on the couch for 9 months with just a sheet) when he started the dupilumab and he did begin to heal... his open sores on the bottom of his feet and cuts on his hands healed and the edema went away.  But after a year his itch was still at a 5 out of 10 and he was beginning to get some oozing on his chest and face looked pretty bad.  We decided to quit the dupilumab figuring that it wasn't doing that much.  That was January... this month he has starting to go downhill quickly.. his hands have painful dots all over and his feet have been getting blisters that ooze (and the deep level full body itch and some oozing).   I'm a little stressed that he's heading back to the couch... I'm praying NOT.

Offline Ruby Red

• Ruby Red Heals Steroid Induced Eczema
Re: Naltrexone Low Dose
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 11:07:03 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This is the Facebook group that has members on LDN going through TSW.

i tried it last year and it didn't work for me - massive insomnia and skin didn't improve much.  I started on 4mg and worked my way down which I now know is not the correct way to try for this condition.  Talk to your doctor and see what they think of starting at a tiny dose 0.5mg and work your way up very slowly from there until you hit your own sweet spot.

It is a very safe medicine at those low doses.

Wishing you and your husband well

:butterfly:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
TSW begins 18/10/13
Used betamethasone 0.05% for 3 years, prednisolone 6 weeks
Have been through TSW once before for 3 months, not realising what it was and went back to TS.  Will see it through this time!