Author Topic: Some stats over almost 3 years of TSW  (Read 528 times)

Offline StephA

Some stats over almost 3 years of TSW
« on: May 18, 2017, 03:29:33 AM »
What a rollercoaster this has been!

2 Months short of 3 years since TSW. Going through yet another flare-up just as I was starting to get better and back to living life.

So it got me thinking about the timing, wether it's due to seasonal changes or on "anniversary flares" etc.

Went through whatever data I could find. Photos taken, sick leave from work, emails sent, whatsapp messages etc.
Put it all in excel (because I'm a nerd and love stats!).

Results attached:
Its fairly self-explanatory, RED being the worst symptoms to LIGHT PINK being the good (or better) months.
Its quite a basic list, so definitely not accurate or in much detail, but it helped me paint a picture of when my flare-ups occur. Hitting it bad every July (bang on anniversary), but the data also shows that Winter months are the worst, followed by Spring, Summer and Autumn being the best time for me.

PS, if anyone's confused about the seasons, I am based in Australia.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 03:31:08 AM by StephA »
3 Years into TSW (July 2014 - July 2017)

History: 10+ years mild use of Topical Steroids, heavier use of Prednisone

Offline mefox77

• Semi-Newbie
Re: Some stats over almost 3 years of TSW
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 07:57:00 PM »
Hey, could have a seasonal relationship,, a hipster dermatologist told me earlier this week that it was seasonal, mainly because Ive flared around my neck and lower arms, he said it looks like I've been out in the sun with no protection. The guy really didn't know what he was talking about apart from that if I ignore to take cortisone cream them it could get so bad that I would be scared for life,,, Roller coaster is the best word that describes TSW!
Quit Elocom 21st August 2013

Offline StephA

Re: Some stats over almost 3 years of TSW
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 10:15:18 PM »
Oh man they really are clueless sometimes. I haven't been to a dermatologist in 6 years! I have been tempted many times though, but I just know how it will go.
3 Years into TSW (July 2014 - July 2017)

History: 10+ years mild use of Topical Steroids, heavier use of Prednisone