Author Topic: Toronto Meet up!!  (Read 78499 times)

Offline Vanessa A.

Re: Toronto Meet up!!
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2013, 07:30:12 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and just starting this recovery journey... I'd love to join any meetups in future, or just a coffee if anyone is free? I'm feeling very overwhelmed having just discovered TSW and all the horrible symptoms I am likely to endure over the next months. but thankful there is so much support!

Hope to meet some of you soon  :smiley:

Vanessa
Used Protopic on my eyes bi-weekly for 4 years.

Offline rmac

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2013, 08:03:16 PM »
I'm also new to the forum, but not that new to TSW.    I live about an hour away from the GTA, but would enjoy a get together with others in the group.   I'll keep my eye on this thread for possible dates.

... Rob

Offline Jamnat

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2013, 12:07:15 AM »
Hi Vanessa and Rob,

Welcome!

I too would find it very helpful to meet you all. I've received some personal messages from a few Toronto members who may be planning a meet in the next few weeks. I will keep you both posted if that happens and the possible day and times.

Hang in there it will definitely all be worth it. I had it pretty bad for within months 3-6 from my withdrawal, and then I finally saw some improvement. After about month 9 I have steadily been improving. I haven't fully recovered but have seen so much improvements now that I am entering month 11, my skin is now actually better than even when I was on topical steroids (I started to reach a ceiling effect so there was a permanent redness to my skin). So yes, finding older veterans has helped me with my journey and progress.

Best wishes on the healing and withdrawal!

Natasha
I have been off all TS since Jan 13 2013 and am now on my healing recovery. I have used TS on and off all my 28 years of life

Offline Joey VanDyke

• Administrator
  • This too shall pass~
    • Red Skin Syndrome
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2013, 03:24:20 PM »
Glad to see you all connecting and do take pics when you meet-up so we can add them to our ITSAN community page.  :smiley: :thumb up:
Started TSW 9-2010- fully healed at 62 months. :)

Offline Vee

• A Steroid Free Life
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2013, 09:29:34 PM »
Hey all!!

Awesome we have more Torontonians!!

The holiday season will be soon approaching us so it would be great to have a meet up before all that hustle and bustle begins!!

Does anyone have any dates in mind or days that work best for them?

@ jamnat- you know how long I have been meaning to call you? Lol. Word...life can get hectic sometimes.
Hope to connect soon!
Vee
11/12 months off TS
23+Years Steroid Usage
asteroidfreelife.blogspot.ca

Offline Roman

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2013, 12:01:12 AM »
Hi,
I just read this post and am also interested in meeting with TSW people.
I live in Etobicoke and am in month 8 of TSW. As I am writing this email
the date is Nov 12. If you decide on a date and place before Christmas
please post it and I would love to attend.

Roman

Offline Vee

• A Steroid Free Life
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2013, 01:55:09 PM »
Ok Roman!

I will message you to let you know when we have a date. Probably the first week of December
Vee
11/12 months off TS
23+Years Steroid Usage
asteroidfreelife.blogspot.ca

Offline Jamnat

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2013, 02:23:18 PM »
I too can be free the first week of December.

Anyone else free?

I have been off all TS since Jan 13 2013 and am now on my healing recovery. I have used TS on and off all my 28 years of life

Offline rmac

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2013, 10:02:45 AM »
The first week of December would be great.      I'll keep my eyes on the forum for the details.     I'll be coming in from west of Toronto, but can make any location work.    Looking forward to meeting the group !!

... Rob

Offline Gwen

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2013, 05:56:48 PM »
I'm free the first week of December....Dec. 4th will be 6 months for me!! Would be great to meet all of you. I'm close to Etobicoke Roman...just in Bloor West Village. Hope to meet you all soon!

Offline Roman

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2013, 01:36:59 AM »
So who decides when and where? I don't have a preference as to daytime or evening, however would prefer a weekday rather than a weekend, but am flexible there. Anytime between now, Nov 18th and Dec 13th would work. Any later runs into Xmas problems. The sooner a decision is made gives people time to plan for it.

Roman

Offline Gwen

« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2013, 01:08:20 AM »

How would December 2nd or 3rd work for everyone (Mon/Tues)? I like daytime but not sure everyone is available, so maybe mention if you can do daytime/evening/ or both.

If we all post our location then maybe we can find a central place to meet. I'm near Jane & Bloor.

Also would you like to meet for a meal or just coffee. I prefer coffee because of my restricted diet, but could do either.

Any other thoughts??

Offline Jamnat

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2013, 06:46:38 AM »
Hi All,

I can schedule a meet up for Monday Dec 2nd in the early evening (before 8pm) or else on Tuesday Dec 3rd again early evening before 7pm.

Otherwise I have much more flexibility the following Mon Dec 9th or Tuesday Dec 10th since I don't have anything scheduled / or have commitments for those days yet.

I too am on a vegan whole foods unprocessed diet so a tea/coffee hang sounds good to me!

Keep me updated with what works :)

Natasha

Offline rmac

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2013, 07:14:27 AM »
Dec 2 or 3 in the early evening works for me also.    I am coming in from west of Toronto, so west end is ideal, but I can make anything work (just need to allow for a little more travel time).     Unfortunately a daytime meeting would not work for me.       Looking forward to meeting all of you.
...   Rob

Offline Roman

• Semi-Newbie
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2013, 12:14:33 PM »
Hi all,
Both Dec 2nd or 3rd work for me but would prefer 3rd. I like coffee/tea rather than a meal. I also live
in the west end but any location is OK. There are many places in Bloor west village, and I don't know
if the Grenadier restaurant in High park is open but that is a possibility. Does anyone else have suggestions
regarding location?  I will check re Grenadier restaurant.

Roman